Katie:
1) age 1 ½ “See, I can book!” (See, I can read a book!)
2) age 2 – “ook boys, I’m pretty!” (to some boys as she pulled her dress over her head)
3) age 2 - “Sometimes it takes two” (when asking for mom’s help)4) age 2 -“Koombah-yah, N’ord” (Koombah-yah, my Lord)
5) age 2 1/2 - “it’s de’icious!”
6) age 2 1/2 - “the cookie-bread man” (the ginger-bread man)
7) age 2 1/2 - “it’s the princess plane!” (when she heard us talking about the president’s plane flying over head)
8) age 2 1/2 - “you have to drink your memomade to make your toe feel better” (said to Mommy after Mommy hurt her toe)9) age 2 1/2 - “you have to ask nicely” (said to Daddy who asked for more tea in a make-believe tea party)
10) age 2 3/4 - “Are you guys making pie for the Katie-nator and the two guys-nators?” (after we called her younger brother Joshua the “Josh-inator”)
11) age 3 - (anxious to finally start eating breakfast) “Let’s pray...Mommy, will you do the honors?”
12) age 3 - After Mommy came into the room to see why Joshua was crying, I asked Katie, "What happened? Did Joshua fall down?" and Katie replied, "Yeah, and I broke his crown."
13) age 3 – “My shoulders are too high, right here and right here” (pointing to her two shoulders)
14) age 3 -“it’s not a big hot, it’s only a little hot”
15) age 3- Said “busketti” for Spaghetti, “buzzert” for dessert, and “buzzanya” for Lasagna.
16) age 3 - "There are a lot of bees in the forest, and they are very very nice and they can very very sting ya.”
17) age 6 – “When you’re grown up, then you’re getting old.”
18) age 6 - “Can you photocopy me doing it?” (playing the piano)
19) age 6 - Daddy asks Katie, “Don’t you feel good when your room is clean? Doesn’t it look clean?”, to which Katie replied “Yeah, like a leaf.”
20 ) age 8 - “Grandma is a saint because she lives in St. Louis.”
Joshua:
21) age 1 ½ - called chocolate milk “goppit”, somebody “buh-ee”
22) age 2 - called oatmeal "uckmeal", strawberries "strawbabies"
23) age 3 - called a certain person's hairy armpits "a beard"
25) age 4 – “Grandma’s name is Grandma Cathi, because she has curly hair; that’s why she’s called Grandma Cathi.”
26) age 5 – “I’m true!” (I’m telling the truth)
27) age 5 - "It’s in the saloon” (It’s in the salon/living room
28) “Let’s go fly a kite and send it snoring!” (from Mary Poppins)
29) age 6 – “The garden is a very hide-iful place.”
30) age 6 - (before bed one night, after having nightmares) “Lord God, help me only have dreams about diamonds sparkling all over the place" and "help me not bleed when I fall down on my bike."
31) age 7 - (Joshua was asked to choose a Bible verse to write out and share with someone to encourage them. After awhile he brought me a paper with Proverbs 5:3 "For the lips of an adulteress drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil." Trying not to show too much alarm at the verse he had chosen for me, I asked him, "Joshua, do you know what an adulteress is?" He then looked up quite matter-of-factly at me and said, "Yes, you are; you are an adult, and everything you say is so sweet."
32) age 10 - "reverse physiology" (was supposed to say "reverse psychology", in a story he wrote)
Aisha:
33) age 6 – “Gabriel is not cropolating” (cooperating)
34) “OK, Daddy I scluded Gabriel” (excluded)
Gabriel:
35) age 4 – (sitting on the slowly deflating air mattress he is about to sleep on for the second night in a row while guests were staying with us) “Mommy, my bed is going downer and downer and downer!”


1 comment:
Karen
It was good to talk with you
I read some of your mom blog
and it was funny to read 35
things the kids have said..
Probably my fav thing I read
was what Joshua said at age 7
sort of gasped and then smiled..
I am sure that they are awesome
kids I mean just look at you and Jim..
Laura
How many animals do you have now..
Post a Comment