Friday, April 17, 2009

Not Looking Back


Well, we finally moved out of our African home of 11 years. It has been a hard two weeks. For more information, you can read about it on our family blog, www.bettisonfamily.blogspot.com.

It has been hard, but I'm truly thankful it is behind us and over. It may take us awhile to recover, but we are so ready to move on and look forward to starting over somewhere else together as a family. In all the stress and chaos, there was a sense of great peace in knowing we had our faith and we had eachother. Home is not a house, but it is family, and we are together through it all. Our kids seem to be taking it all very well, better than their parents for sure.

I take comfort in the words of Jeremiah, who in times of distress found hope in God, and in whom all God's people can find hope and refuge: "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: